Thursday, June 27, 2013

'Cause I Had a Bad Day...

Today was a bad day for me.  Not sure why, exactly, but I cried at the drop of a hat.  Well, I KNOW why it was bad and why I cried.  I miss my sister.   Every time I think of her and remember that she is no longer with us here on earth I get this huge wave of sadness come over me.  And it's not like I even saw her every day!  She lived in New Brunswick, I live in Michigan!  But, I think, just the fact that I knew I could see her, or would see her, made all the difference.  Now.....I know the next time I head out east, she won't be there.  :(  

Plus, all of my family is out there.  Sure, I have my husband here, and my kids...and some good friends......and I am thankful for all of them!!!  But I don't have my Mom or my other sisters, or my nieces, nephews, cousins, etc.  They share the same sadness.  Yanno?  I guess I was feeling alone today.  Imagine feeling alone when you're not really alone?  *shaking head*

They say "time heals all wounds".  I know it will get easier as time goes on.  But I will always miss her.  I will always think about her.  Maybe soon I will smile more often than I cry when a memory of her pops into my head.


2 comments:

  1. I am picturing all of the emotions that are bouncing around in that beautiful head of yours. The pain, anger, loneliness, frustration etc that invades you needs to have an outlet to slowly slip away. I think your writing is a great way to release those feelings :)
    I envision these blogs as being very painful at first but slowly turning into a place that you can happily honor your sister's memory with silly stories of childhood to wonderful memories that you made during her last days with you. I look forward to sharing in those memories.
    Please know that I think of you often <3
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Krista. You are so sweet. :) There is something therapeutic about writing some of this stuff down, and even sharing it for others to read. Even if it's short and sweet..or a mixed up ball of emotions. I hope it helps me. :) Thank you for being a good friend. <3

    ReplyDelete