Monday, June 25, 2018

Just a Thought...or Two...

My husband told me last night that I "share" too many posts on Facebook.  Now, by that I mean he thinks I share posts that refer to the current president or are just political in nature.  He said, "It's not Michelle anymore."  I respect his opinion and I appreciate that he tells me how he feels.  I did get a little defensive....but that is just part of my nature I guess.  It's who I am.  

But it got me thinking, do I share too much political/potus stuff?  So I went back through the posts on my wall.  Nope, I don't believe that I do.  I mean some days are better than others, but for the most part there is a pretty good mix of my silly posts, cat pictures & memes and grandson posts and "other" stuff. 

Recently, yes, I have shared several posts but that's because they spoke to me and were a true reflection about how I am feeling about everything that is happening at the borders and with the immigration policies.  I could vent in a post on Facebook about the same things that I have shared, but that gets me into trouble, too! 

So, what is a girl to do?  lol

Several people have told me that I should limit my time on social media.  Or delete my Facebook.  or or or.  Well, that is all well and fine... if that's what they want to do.  That's what makes this world so great (which I am also questioning...is it??)...that we are all different.  I'm not going to change how I engage on social media.  I am not going to purposely limit my time to make others happy.  I have always had this theory that if someone doesn't like what I post or what I have to say then keep scrolling or unfollow/unfriend me.  I even told my loving hubby that he was free to unfollow me if he is sick of my shares.  :)  Did he?  Beats me, but I doubt it.  And I would understand and respect him if he did!

Social media is many things to me.  Its a place where I can come and keep up with and communicate with family and friends who live far away!  It's a place where I can share (many) silly pictures of my cats and show off my adorably handsome grandson!!  It's a place where I can come to "get out of a funk" with a few laughs when I feel Mr. Depression creeping around. And it's also a place where I can add my 2 cents to events that are happening in our world, or mostly this country I happen to live in.  It's all important to me.  It's all part of MY social media experience.  Yours might be different and that's cool!!

Live.  Love.  Laugh.

Life is short, man!!  The world is in enough chaos right now, do we really need to be telling each other how to act or think or write?  

I wish there were more kindness in the world.  

I wish people would compliment rather than criticize.  

Laugh instead of cry/yell.  

Love instead of hate.  

Love.

Love..

Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always hopes, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.

<3Just a Thought



No comments:

Post a Comment