Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words....

I take a lot of pictures.  I'm not sure if it's a good thing that I have an iPhone or not because it seems I am forever taking pictures of someone or something.  Nah, it's a good thing.  I like taking photos.  I like the memories they hold. :)

When I was out east for those 5 1/2 weeks in May/June, I took a lot of pictures with my phone.  Sometimes the people I was taking pictures of didn't realize I was even taking a picture!  lol   Those ended up being some of my favorite photos....and memories.  :)  I have a lot of pictures of Nikki on my phone....(which I probably should save somehow in case my phone ever crashes and I lose them all!  That would totally suck!)  and many of them I had posted onto Facebook or Instagram.

There is one picture that I took and never posted, though.  I'm not sure why, I almost think it seemed a little "wrong".  But, today, after reading on Facebook how much Kelly is hurting and how much she misses Nikki, somehow it feels "right".  Kelly and Nikki were not just sisters of 42 years....they were best friends!  Kelly lost a MAJOR part of her world...a major part of her life...when Nikki passed away.  

This picture was taken June 13th, just a few hours before Nikki passed away (which is why it felt wrong to post it) and it pretty much sums up the feelings between these two.  I can see so much love there.  <3  

It's ok to miss her, Kelly....and it's ok to grieve.  I know she is looking out for you.  I know she is still touching your life and I know she ALWAYS will be.  




3 comments:

  1. this is sad I am crying my heart breaks for you all but Kelly it just kills me to see what she writes mainly because I know how she feels. I still have my sister thank god for that but I lost my brother at a very young age and still to this day I think of him and wish I could just say hi same as my parents, Thinking of you all this is BEAUTIFUL I LOVE IT <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok to miss here and greive for as long as you feel necessary. No body can tell you how long to grieve or how to feel. My brother in law passed away a while back and i miss him everyday. It does get a bit easier in time. You never completely stop grieving but it does get easier to deal with. I know how much you love her and what a special relationship you had. Be grateful and cherish your memories you have of her. She is loving you and watching ypu from afar. May God bless you and guide you through this hard time. Nikki (munn
    Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look at this picture and I am so happy to see how fortunate you and Nikki were to have each other.I only have the one brother and we unfortunately dont get along and with my illness and my daily struggles I wish he could understand that he is so lucky to still have me here on this earth to share life with.I know Nikki is smiling down on you and saying its ok to grieve but we all must live on as well.Time will heal in our own time,we all handle these situations differently and I wish you all the best.You are a wonderful sister!RIP Nikki.

    ReplyDelete