Monday, August 12, 2013

Begin Rant...

I don't know if I am just overly sensitive and emotional these days or what the deal is.  But it seems that after my sister passed away, many of my priorities in life have changed somewhat.

I am NOT perfect.  I never ever claimed that I was nor will I ever be!  God knows this about me and loves me in spite of it!  

I don't agree with everyone on everything and for the most part I think I have a different opinion on lot of things than many/most of my friends do.  Does that make me wrong?  No.  Does it make me ignorant?  No.  Does it make me any less of a Christian?  Well, first of all....who determines that anyway?  But I say no, it doesn't!!  

My thoughts and opinions are just as valid and important as anyone else's and I am SICK and tired of having to explain myself or hide how I feel about something because it's different than a lot of people I know!!  I tend to go a little toward the liberal side. What???  O M G! I said it....I must be a horrible person!!!!  Gasp!!! *insert eyeroll here*  But that doesn't mean you know what is going on inside my head or my heart!!!  

I'm sick of it.  Sick of feeling like I am being judged because I think different or have a different view.  It happens.  It's happened.

We are NOT all the same.  If we were how boring would that be???  
Nikki dying has opened up my eyes to what I feel is important. My faith is important.  My family is important.  All the petty political BS that people want to slant one way or the other....not important.  Being right and accusing someone else of being wrong...not important. Loving myself??  Important.  Worrying whether others like me or not?  Nope....I'm done with that.  Either like me or ya don't.  I'm a GOOD person.  If you don't like me because I don't share your view on something....your loss.  

End rant.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment