Saturday, August 3, 2013

East Coast Girl...

I am in Fredericton!  Yay!!  

The other day, I was feeling sad and really missing my family out east.  I miss them every day, but it's been more so since my sister passed away.  I guess after spending almost 6 weeks together, and then , BAM, leaving the day after the funeral, it was like a piece of me was missing.  Not JUST Nikki.....that goes without saying...but everyone else, too.  I really feel like there was a closeness that developed between us during that time.  I guess you could say that any emotional situation like a sickness and an impending death will do that, but I just feel that it was finally our "time".    If that makes sense.  There were a lot of years that we didn't have that kind of relationship.  

I don't know if I have said it in a previous blog post, or on Facebook somewhere....or maybe just thought it...lol...BUT I believe that good things have come out of this whole horrible situation.  This closer relationship with my family is one of those things.  Mind you, as happy as I am that we have this closeness now, if we could have Nikki back to be a part of it, too, that would be just perfect.  :)

So, here I am now... back in Fredericton...having a wonderful time!! I think it was just what I needed.  There is a sense of calm about me since arriving here.  I can't explain that because I am not quite sure what it means myself.  We have shared thoughts stories and memories of Nikki with each other and that has been good!  For all of us, I think.  :)  I know she is with us when we are all together. Even if we can't see her. Even if she is not physically there in the flesh sitting beside us, she will forever be with each and every one of us...in our hearts.  :)

I gotta say, though....it has been a little weird being here and not seeing her.  :(  Miss you, Bickett.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment