Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pad Thai ...

So, I went out to a Thai food restaurant this evening for dinner with Peter and our boys.  I ordered Pad Thai Shrimp....and, I have to say, it was delicious!!   
I couldn't help but think about Nikki a little bit.  Ok, WHY did that remind me of my sister?  lol  I'm weird, I know!!  :)  Well, there was this little Pad Thai place in the Northside Market in Fredericton that her and Kelly used to go to on Saturdays.  And even though I had never gone there with them, I heard about this amazing Pad Thai every time they had it.  :)  In fact, the little Thai lady that worked there knew them and even sent a card to Nikki when she was in the hospital, signed, "The Pad Thai Lady".  

There was also the time that Nikki and I were driving around
Fredericton looking sushi and we ended up at, what we thought was, a sushi restaurant.  We go in and look at the menu.  Not seeing what we were looking for, we asked if they had any sushi or sushi rolls or anything.  We got a weird look and the waiter said, "this is a Thai place....not Japanese!!"  Oops.....awkward!! After a good laugh and a moment of embarrassment, we ordered some Pad Thai Shrimp! Apparently, though, it wasn't as good as the Pad Thai from the Northside Market!  lol

It's funny what things trigger memories.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment