Monday, September 9, 2013

So, I Was Thinking...

So, I was thinking.  (My husband LOVES it when I start a conversation with that sentence.  His response is usually...."uh oh".  LOL)  But anyway, I was thinking about this whole blogging thing that I have found myself back into.  I realize that by putting a lot of my thoughts and feelings out there on this blog...and then posting it on Facebook for anyone to see, might seem weird to others.  I never thought of it that way.  

I initially started this blog to vent about political crap and to vent about stuff that I was getting annoyed with on Facebook.  This seemed like a better place to do it because it was more "private".  Ha!  Like anything on the internet is private.  But you get the gist.  I could write it and, at the time, I had no intentions of sharing it on Facebook at all!  So if anyone saw it, it would most likely be strangers who were surfing blogs.  

But....I didn't end up using this blog for that purpose.  My sister passed away (I STILL have a very hard time saying "my sister died".....*shiver*) and I found I wanted to write about her and events that took place during her illness and death, and feelings associated with it all.  It's been therapeutic for me.  

So, what was my point to this post?  lol  Oh yeah....putting it all out there for others to see.....my family and friends.  I am truly okay with that.  Obviously, or I wouldn't, right?  I guess what I mean is this:  this past year and a half has been a long tough road for my family.  I can only speak for myself and how I feel, but at the same time, I hope that when my mom and my sister and all the rest of my family read these posts (assuming they do!) that I have maybe, in a small way...somehow...possibly....perhaps....conveyed some of their feelings as well.  I know writing about Nikki has helped me.  I hope that by reading some of these posts has helped my mom and sisters as well.  I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound like I am bragging or something.  I write for ME but if in the process of sharing it, I can help someone else, then that is a good thing!  Yanno??  

So, yeah....I write what I feel and I post it on Facebook (mostly).  It makes me feel good to write it and, to be honest, it makes me feel good when my posts are read.  :)  

It's helped me heal.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have read everyone of your post/blogs I love forward to reading them for the same reason you write them.

    when nikki got sick it also brought out a lot of feeling in me as well as not only is she my cousin but looks so much like my mother,, so I just what I'm trying to say it that it helps me deal as well and thanks you and don't stop writing. love you Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. You help me in so many ways...these blog posts are just a very small part of it..a very beautiful wonderful part of it. Love them and love you xox

    ReplyDelete