Monday, October 21, 2013

No Offense...

When someone or something offends us, should we say something?  When someone or something hurts us, should we say something?

I have been asking myself those questions for some time now because, I don't know, maybe I am overly sensitive and I read into things that aren't there....or because I think...WOW! Did I really just see/read/hear that??  Quite often there is no intentional offense or hurt meant but it may just come across that way.  And even if it is NOT intentional, that does not mean that we can't be offended or hurt.  Right?  We all have different perceptions of what we see, hear and read.  

Anyway, my point being, if and when those circumstances arise, is it appropriate to say something and let the person know that you took offense, or that you were hurt?  Or is it better to just not say anything....let it go (ha!) and hold it in and risk letting it simmer and eat at you until it becomes resentment?  I prefer to say something, but that always seems to get me into trouble.  The times I don't, it eats at me and makes me bitter, I'm not gonna lie.  

I struggle with forgiveness.  I admit that.  I am working on it, but I find it extremely difficult to forgive.  I know, I know....I am supposed to forgive because God forgives me daily!  I know that!!  But I am human....and I will admit that forgiveness is just one of my many shortcomings.  Like I said...I am working on it!!  So, if I am offended by something and the person offending has no idea that I am offended or hurt.....do I forgive them?  Since they don't even know?  

Did any of that make any sense at all?  lol  I think I am confusing myself.  :)  (It's late and I have had kind of a rough evening.  :( )

I will say this.  If, in ANY way, shape or form I have EVER said, done or written ANYTHING that has offended or hurt ANYONE, I hope and want you to tell me!!  I can't fix what I don't know about.

 So maybe I just answered my own question about whether or not to say something?  Maybe.  But not everyone is open to that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment